Human Digestive system is very important as it plays role in processing the food items that we eat and resultantly provides body with the essential nutrients and mineral needed by our body. Digestive problems are mainly because of very common reasons like stress conditions, poor diet, unhygienic food, physical inactivity, dehydration, smoking, alcohol intake and improper sleep as well. All these factors lead to gastrointestinal problems but these can be easily solved with the help of home remedies to treat digestive problems.
Common human digestive tract problems symptoms include
- Constipation (decreased bowel movement)
- Diarrhea (Increased bowel movement)
- Acid Reflux
Best Home Remedies to Treat Digestive Problems
Some common gas trouble home remedies and other gastrointestinal problems can be sorted out with the help of these remedies.
Use of Peppermint
Peppermint is favorite of most of the people because of it fresh smell and it has very effective action against stomach gas problems and other gastrointestinal issues. Peppermint performs following actions
Peppermint leaves are mostly used in salad. If you have digestive problems like bloating, intestinal cramps, gas or you are feeling nausea or vomiting you can use peppermint to solve that problem. Use can use peppermint in the following ways.
- Peppermint tea can be prepared by boiling peppermint leaves in hot water for at least ten minutes and then drink it after passing it via strainer. Drink is two times daily to treat gastrointestinal problems.
- Eating Peppermint leaves in salad is also very beneficial
- Peppermint capsules are also available. You can easily take three capsules per day made up of peppermint oil.
These are very effective home remedies to treat digestive problems as these does not pose any harmful side effects and provides you many other health benefits too.
Use of Ginger
Adding Ginger to your food is the best solution to prevent the digestive problems. Ginger is naturally thought to have following functions
- Anti inflammatory
- Carminative action
Ginger helps is stimulating the digestive juices and maintains the enzymes flow which are helpful in proper digestion of food. Ginger is very effective remedy in case of indigestion, nausea, vomiting, bloating, flatulence and diarrhea. Ginger can be used in the following ways.
- Take small piece of Ginger and chew it for sometimes when you have finished your meal.
- Take warm water in a cup. Add honey (one teaspoon) and ginger juice (2 teaspoon) in it. Mix them properly and drink it twice a day. This is another effective method of treating gastrointestinal problems.
- You can also make ginger tea and drink it two to three times daily. For Preparing Ginger tea you just need to boil grated ginger in hot water for ten minutes. Than pass it through the strainer and drink tea.